Power cut. I’m in darkness. No candles. No message to say that she got the letter. Steely cold eating into my toes. I’m tired, buried. Incased in a saggy, leathern womb sac gasping up the last drops of air.
I hide my emotions well on days when I can see the black dragon in the distance. His shape, like writhing ink in my wing mirror. But he’s not on top of me.
One, gigantic claw; talons dig into the flesh of my back, threateningly. I hear him grind his teeth together, angrily. All the ugliness in my soul impregnated me with this demonic brood.
And he’s out now. He prowls the streets, picking his teeth with mysterious bones.
I’m hung in an ectoplasm of neurosis, the crackling tissue vacuum sealing my bloodshot eyes.
The curtains fall on another day. He blows smoke into my miserable cot.
I made him. I made him laugh.
- 7,196 views
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Wot U Say
black female singers on Con Joined maxwelljay on No Tweets Kevin Cullen on No Tweets maxwelljay on The Robbery Trent Lewin on The Robbery
What?age author blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah boxing Cigarette Cloud Dark Death Dream driving Drugs end experimantal writing experimental fiction fiction fiction blog flash flash fiction flash fiction blog ghosts Heart human light literature lost Love macro macro fiction Memory Micro micro fiction minute fiction new fiction new flash fiction new micro fiction new short story new writer new writing nightmare Old man Pain poetry prose Rain Rant short short fiction short prose short story short story blog short writing Skull space storm story stream-of-conciousness Sun tale text Time travel ufo Women word Words Work write writer writing writing blog written wrote
- Power CutPower cut. I’m in darkness. No candles. No message to say that she got the letter. Steely cold eating into my toes. I’m tired, buried. Incased in a saggy, leathern womb sac gasping up the last drops of air. I … Continue reading →
- Indigestion BluesShot, by an invisible bullet. Even so, it fizzed, like an angry hornet the size of a bird. Like a horizontal, corkscrewing waterspout, it raped the air before punching a hole in my chest as though I were made of … Continue reading →
- BreakfastPassed out beside the train tracks. Occasionally, I will look up at all the faces. They seem asleep, not awake. And this sleepy expression, it’s more like catatonia. An apathy so deep that there’s an odd beauty to it. It’s … Continue reading →
- The C43H68N12O12S2 Nightmare Made Flesh and FilbertDrearily, I open my eyes. The world is different. Many pieces have shifted upon the board. The scratches, some of rust, others of blood, fight for territory amongst the spattered pools of oxytocin rich milk. The ghost of an old … Continue reading →
- The Breeze that Destroyed my CowardMy stomach gurgles and swirls with the storm. The heart attempts to gulp away the sickness. The sky is evil with tar and withered forgetmenots. A single, burst balloon bleeds into the bitumen. I smoke my forth, last cigarette. Stub … Continue reading →
- Black as the Mirror, not as the ShoesThey picked the wrong man. Definitely picked the wrong man. They all seemed down to earth and kind. If a little nervous, understandably. They even joked about the idea of being picked out. The silence that fell, like a maimed … Continue reading →
- Stupid InsectsSecond time year it’s rained in my bedroom. Woke up swampy and confused to the sound of frogs chirruping. Mosquitoes sat on my toes, mumbling whines. Conspiratorial. Seemed they were having a meeting. Deciding whether or not to drain me … Continue reading →
- Right Hand SideThoroughbreds in fairy lights, head to toe. My little black heart reads from a tome it barely recognises. Fondness and fortune spread far and wide; beyond the trees, potent river songs whistle upon the rippling sky. Honey glass, steamed with … Continue reading →
- Tomato DreamsThere’s a plane sat at a terminal. Inside this plane there is a wide, comfy seat. And gentle, sexy women asking me if I’m comfortable. Would I like anything to drink? Tomato juice. Please. Why always tomato juice. This plane, … Continue reading →
- Great OpportunitySo tired that it seems like a good idea to injure myself just so I can go to bed. Dose myself up on painkillers and sleep. And it’ll take me between eight months to a year to catch up. You … Continue reading →
- Power Cut
Creative Commons License DetailsI Come Here to Destroy! by Maxwell Jay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License